Old Schoolhouse at Bloomington
Historic Painting of School and Church at Bloomington Utah
About this Item
This old school house and church was used by a small group of families in the little town of Bloomington, Utah. Located on the north side of the Virgin River just below St. George, Utah, the town was eventually abandoned by all but a few families. It remained farm land until the 1960’s when developers bought up much of the land. Today it has become a large community of homes surrounding a popular golf course and country club. Little evidence remains of the town except for a wonderful restored rock house, a run-down adobe home, and the foundation of this schoolhouse. The school was built in 1879 and stood until about 1930. The sandstone foundation still exists and the property is owned by Jeff and Connie Morby.
|Unframed Size (in):|